Who doesn’t want a government job in India? A majority of Indians aspire to become school teachers in government schools. They consider the teaching job to be comfortable as it gives them enough space to keep a balance between work and personal life. This is probably the most important factor associated with teaching jobs. It is also a well-paid job. It attracts a large number of educated men and women to aspire for this job. Are you one of them? Really? Well. Hence, you already know that before you plan for taking up a profession, the idea of the profession must be clear to you. Many of us don’t know the requirements of being a government school teacher. Considering this, we have decided to talk about the eligibility criteria for government school teacher jobs. We hope you will find our attempt helpful. Let’s move on to the topic first.
THE CLASSIFICATION OF GOVERNMENT SCHOOL TEACHERS :
Government schools in India have been organized into 3 sections, such as Primary, Elementary, and Intercollegiate. So, teachers required for different levels need to have different levels of education. Candidates who have qualified for higher secondary education/graduation/post-graduation need to join a teachers’ training program such as NTT, BTC, BEd. We will go into further details now.
TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST:
Aspirants need to sit for the Teacher Eligibility Test and qualify for the test. State governments and the central government conduct these tests. You might have heard about TET or CTET exams. Now, what is that? Let’s see.
TET(Teacher Eligibility Test): This test is conducted by the state governments. Candidates who want to apply for state government school jobs can sit for this. The govt authorities thereby certify PRT, PGT, TGT level school teachers.
Here are the significant points related to your queries regarding TET 2021
- Candidates have to sit for written exams.
- If they qualify for the written test, they will have to attend the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR TET PAPER 1:
- The candidates must have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks. They must have appeared for the final year of the 2year diploma in elementary education.
- Or, they can move with a minimum of 45% marks but have to pass for the 2year diploma.
- Or, a minimum of 50% in class 12+ have appeared in the final year of 4year bachelor’s degree
- Or, must be a graduate and appearing in the final year of a 2-year diploma in elementary education.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR TET PAPER 2:
- The candidates must have passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks. They must be appearing in the 1-year bachelor’s in Education.
- Or, they can move with a minimum of 45% marks but have to pass or appear for the 1-year bachelor’s in Education
- Or, minimum 50% in class 12 and have appeared in the final year of 4year bachelor’s degree in elementary education
- Or, must be a graduate with 50% marks and appeared or passed the final year of 1 year B.Ed. course. (Special Education)
CTET( Central Teacher Eligibility Test):
CTET has the eligibility criteria same as TET. There are two papers in CTET. Candidates who want to become teachers for class 1 to 4 have to qualify for paper 1. And who wants to become a teacher for class 5 to 8 have to sit for paper 2. Again, those who want to keep open both the possibilities, have to sit for both papers. Candidates are required to score at least 60% in the CTET exam to get certified.
In West Bengal, the state government conducts the WBSSC exam for candidates who aspire to become upper primary school teachers. The test is conducted in the same mode of TET. But there are several classifications. Such as
- Assistant teacher for upper primary level
- Assistant teacher for class 9 to 10.
- Assistant teacher for class 11 to 12
- Assistant teacher for Physical Education
- Assistant teacher for Work Education
The age limit is between 21 and 40. ( upper age limit is relaxable as per govt rules for reserved castes and physically challenged candidates).
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TET/ CTET/ WBSSC
- Recent color photograph
- ID proof
- Birth certificate
- Age certificate
- Academic qualification certificates
- Academic mark sheets
So, dear aspirants, was it helpful? We think so. All the important facts and pointers have been mentioned here. Apart from that, we might have noticed that B.ED is a mandatory factor for you. Eligibility criteria for government school teachers include this course. We would like to tell you that you can easily contact AIHS for assistance regarding your B.ED admission. We will assure you of excellent service and necessary information. Feel free to connect with us. ( Contact details )
We wish you good luck with the desired job preparation.
Please contact +91-9831445550 for admission related any enquiry and help.
- West Bengal Govt. B.Ed College List
- West Bengal B.Ed College Admission Process 2021
- NCTE Approved B.Ed College List In Kolkata
- WBUTTEPA B.Ed ADMISSION 2021 DETAILS
- Lived Experiences Of Graduating Nursing Students